Because of the fact that the Zinc dust price increased about more than 50% during the last months, we would like to remind you on the possibility to save costs by replacing a part of Zinc dust in Zinc rich coatings by micronized MIOX. Compared with the current Zinc price, which is already above 3 EUR/kg, the cost savings are around 30% with this partial replacement.
The facts at a glance are:
- A replacement up to 50% by mass is possible, our recommendation is 30%
- The replacement rate is 1:1
- There is no change in the anti-corrosive performance
- The technical advantages are a better adhesion on the substrate and a reduction of Zinc salt building
- Product recommendations are: MIOX Micro 30/40/50 for grey applications, MIOX Micro 20/15/10 for ultrathin reddish applications
- There is a limitation in the “regulated” area, were national technical guidelines require a minimum Zinc content in the coating; but beside that, most of the industrial coatings companies also supply a “free” area (e.g. OEM coatings, do it yourself market, aerosol spray cans, etc.) were only the performance counts but also cost savings are always important
Please contact us for additional information and guide formulations.